Azuri Estate Management was incorporated in May 2016. Its three basic principles are:
1. To be a zero-profit entity;
2. To have an open book policy;
3. To provide a democratic process of operation through its Council and Executive bodies.
Since its opening in 2011, Azuri Mauritius has become a municipality in the true sense of the word, albeit a private one. As a result of its rapid growth over the past 5 years, the team at Azuri and its homeowners came to recognize and believe in the need to form an Estate Management entity that would act as an authoritative and supervisory body with the responsibility of assuring the availability and operative functioning of all essential services within the entirety of the resort and estate. It is to note that the concept of an Estate Management Company is not compulsory under Mauritian law.
The main foundation of Azuri Estate Management is to provide and maintain indispensable services to the village,
- further to the endorsement of policies and rules pertaining to the community by a Council of members, including homeowners;
- and, by the enforcement of these policies and regulations through a structure of systems for the provision of services to the estate by an executive body.
The Azuri Estate Management executive body acts as a partner to and on behalf of the Council with the purpose of optimising property values and ensuring a harmonious living environment for owners and tenants of the village. It handles day-to-day operations, performs ongoing maintenance duties and maintains communication with residents of the community.