Invest in luxury real estate in Mauritius
Unique elements making Mauritius attractive and competitive as a property investment location :
- Political, economic and social stability
- Pro-business environment
- Ranked n° 1 in Africa for doing business
- Dynamic private sector very receptive to foreign investment and open for joint venture collaboration
- High level of protection to investors through a wide network of double taxation treaties (DTT)
- Ease of doing business for incorporation or registration of a company
- Young, dynamic, competitive and bilingual (English/French) workforce
Mauritius has several unique features in comparison with other countries on the African mainland. Its physical geography sets it apart; it is a small island of outstanding natural beauty. This has capitalized on the success of the tourism industry to enhance its position as an attractive and competitive investment opportunity.
Mauritius has also benefited from stable democratic government and strong economic growth for a number of decades. According to the Ibrahim Index of African Governance, one of the most comprehensive statistical studies of countries in Africa, Mauritius is ranked first for the whole continent. The index looks at governance as a set of services, or public goods, that governments are obliged to deliver (with the aim of encouraging citizens to hold their own government to account where it is under-performing). In 7 out of the 17 key areas and sub areas Mauritius is ranked first in Africa, and is ranked second in 6 others. The index serves to provide concrete independent evidence that Mauritius is a relatively strong and stable country, an attractive place to build a business, become part of a community and indeed to send one’s children to school.